Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Looked up the list of Pulitzer Prize Winners

So I looked up a list of all of the winners of the Pulitzer Prize. I was dismayed to see how few of them I have actually read. However, the ones that I have read I loved, so I think this is a good idea for me.

I have read:
Edith Wharton won for Age of Innocence in 1921. This is one of my all time favorite books, so I will thoroughly enjoy writing a review of sorts about it in another post.

1953- Ernest Hemingway won the Pulitzer for The Old Man and the Sea. Well, this is my favorite Hemingway novel (there are some short stories that I love more) so again, writing a post about it will be fun.

"To Kill a Mockingbird" won in 1961- of course this would be on my list of books I've read and loved.

"The Executioner's Song" won in 1980- Being as I live in Utah and remember when Gary Gilmore was executed, this one fascinated me. So again, writing a post about it will be enjoyable.

I've decided to read first:
The Keepers of the House by Shirley Ann Grau. Why? Because it won for 1965, the year I was born. So I ordered it from Amazon and will begin to read it as soon as I have it.

I hope that others reading this post will want to tackle this project with me.

No comments: